Line-throwing device, Single Shot, Comet
To comply with SOLAS requirements, four complete rocket and line assemblies should be carried on board.
The device has a throwing range of between 230m and 250m. A solid propellant is used which guarantees a highly accurate flight path even in strong sidewinds.
The Comet Linethrower 250 is designed for ease of operation in the most extreme weather conditions. It can be used in all situations where a line is required to be passed accurately and quickly, these include:
All line-throwing operations at sea between vessels, ship-to-shore, shore-to-ship and shore based rescue services.
Rescue of swimmers in distress.
Line carrying across obstacles and rough terrain.
This compact appliance is ideally stored in a water-resistant locker at ambient temperature allowing easy access in an emergency. The set of 4 appliances normally carried onboard can be dispersed in strategic positions throughout the vessel.
Body and line kit: 9 years, rocket 3 years
Spare rockets are available to replace consumed or time expired rockets.
1. Remove the front cover and point in the desired flight direction.
2. Pull out safety pin.
3. Aim over the top of target. Be prepared for recoil.
4. Turn grip to left or right to fire.
5. If misfire occurs hold unit in firing position for at least 60 seconds, then dispose of overboard
- Projects a line to a nominal range of 250m in calm conditions.
- Length: 33 cm
- Height: 31.3 cm
- Diameter: 20.5 cm
- Weight: 4.4 kg
- Rocket Weight Max: 472g
- Explosive Content Max.:118g
- Line breaking strain: >2 kn