Liferaft - VIKING, 16DKF+, davit launched (16 pers.)
- Can be deployed at temperatures as low as -30˚C
- High durability with an expected lifespan of 15-20 years
- Holds several flag state approvals
- Two individual buoyancy chambers, each carrying capacity weight
- Exceptionally stable even in rough seas
- Sizes: 12, 16, 20, 25 and 35 persons
The VIKING davit launched liferaft is to be connected to the davit and then inflated, thus enabling the evacuees to board the liferaft from deck.
Davit launched liferafts are mainly used on commercial vessel, passenger ships and offshore assets. The liferaft is stowed in a rigid fibreglass container and approved by DNV in accordance with SOLAS/MED requirements and relevant flag state approvals.
VIKING has been manufacturing, supplying and servicing liferafts of the davit launched type since the company was founded in 1960. With thousands of lives saved over the years, this product has earned its reputation as a true essential when it comes to safety at sea.
The VIKING davit launched liferaft comes in sizes from 12 – 35 persons and is available with emergency pack SOLAS A or B. It can be sourced directly through our shop or as ‘liferaft exchange’ with a Shipowner and Offshore Safety Agreement.
- Class NK
- RMRS (Russia)
- Transport Canada (TC)