Liferaft - VIKING, 10DK+, throw overboard, polar (10 pers.)
- High durability with an expected lifespan of 15-20 years
- Equipped with heating mats inside the liferaft container
- Can be deployed at temperatures as low as -50˚C
- Heating system ensures that the liferaft inflates despite freezing temperatures
- Exceptionally stable even in rough seas
- Sizes: 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 25 and 35 persons
- Holds several flag state approvals
- Two individual buoyancy chambers, each carrying capacity weight
VIKING is the industry leader and innovation driver when it comes to liferafts for use in Polar environments. VIKING has been manufacturing, supplying and servicing liferafts of the polar type for decades.
The standard GRP container is equipped with heating mats mounted on the inside of the container. This efficient heating system ensures that the liferaft inflates despite freezing temperatures. The heating mats are equipped with a limit switch and shut off when the temperature inside the liferaft exceeds 50°C to prevent overheating. The heating mats are connected to a thermal control box mounted outside the container using waterproof connecters. When the temperature outside the liferaft rises above approx. 5°C, the thermal control box automatically deactivates the heating system to save power.
The VIKING polar liferaft is approved by DNV according to SOLAS, IMO Res. A1024(26) for temperatures down to -50°C and to Russian Winterization of liferafts -50°C rules. Certified by DNV, USCG and RMRS. It is important to emphasize that the new Polar Code Resolution MSC.385(94) came into force on 1 January 2017, featuring several mandatory goal-based requirements in extension to existing SOLAS convention.
As the heating system is not low voltage, an electrician will be needed to set up the box according to instructions, and to connect the thermal control box to the ship’s alarm system, if desired.
The VIKING polar throw overboard liferaft comes in sizes from 6 – 35 persons and is available with emergency pack SOLAS A incl. 30% extra food rations. It can be sourced directly through our shop or through a Shipowner and Offshore Safety Agreement.
- RMRS (Russia)