Sliding rack with Anti-Ice heating - for 10-25DK+, 12-25DKF+, 25-50DKR & 25-50IBA, galvanized
For throw overboard liferafts weighting more than 185 kg sliding racks are mandatory, in accordance with SOLAS convention chapter III regulation 16.
The heating system is built into the sliding rack. The heat tracing is a mean for ice prevention to ensure safe deployment of drop- and davit launched Liferafts in Polar areas. The sliding rack should be mounted by bolting to the hull foundation support. Bolt, washers and nuts will not be supplied by VIKING as they may differ in length depending on the support foundation onboard. Pre-drilled foundation holes have a diameter of Ø14.
As the heating system is not low voltage, an electrician will be needed to set up the junction box for the power connection.
Sliding rack fits the following liferaft sizes:
- Material: Black steel (S235JR/EN10025/SS400/TIS1479)
- Dimensions: H 830 x W 760 x D 790 mm
- Weight: 37 kg
- Surface treatment: Hot dip galvanized class A JF, DS/ISO 1461
- Welding: According to DS/EN 30042 class C
- Lashing for fixing of liferaft: Not included (lashing item number: 1004208 for 10-25DK+, 25-50DKR & 25-50IBA) (lashing item number: 1055798 for 12-25DKF+)