Liferaft - VIKING, 35DK+, throw overboard (35 pers.)
- High durability with an expected lifespan of 15-20 years
- Can be deployed at temperatures as low as -30˚C
- Holds several flag state approvals
- Sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 25 and 35 persons
- Exceptionally stable even in rough seas
- Two individual buoyancy chambers, each carrying capacity weight
Upon release from its stowage arrangement, this type of liferaft either slides automatically or is thrown overboard manually. Once waterborne, the liferaft inflates by a firm pull to the painter line.
Throw overboard liferafts are mainly used on commercial vessel, passenger ships or offshore assets. The liferaft is stowed in a rigid fibreglass container and approved by DNV in accordance with SOLAS/MED requirements and relevant flag state approvals.
VIKING has been manufacturing, supplying and servicing liferafts of the throw overboard type since the company was founded in 1960. With thousands of lives saved over the years, this product has earned its reputation as a true essential when it comes to safety at sea.
The VIKING throw overboard liferaft comes in sizes from 4 – 35 persons and is available with emergency pack SOLAS A or B. It can be sourced directly through our shop or as ‘liferaft exchange’ with a Shipowner and Offshore Safety Agreement.
- RMRS (Russia)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Class NK