Freefall Lifeboat Operation and Maintenance GES 25
This course will give you the opportunity to operate a Freefall Lifeboat including live freefall launch. Train yourself on boat launching, recovery procedures and preventive maintenance. Practical experience will be gained through realistic emergency scenarios. Exercises will enable students to develop problem - solving skills required in case of malfunction.
The course is conducted as theoretical and mostly practical training at VIKING Safety Academy.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
• Follow an abandon ship procedure
• Lead and perform a Freefall launching
• Lower and recover the boat by falls
• Perform a proper Simulated Release Test
• Prepare the system in Boat readiness status
• Weekly and Monthly Maintenance
• Participate on safe drills
• Learn safety tips by the maker and give solutions on troubleshooting
The course is designed for Coxswains, Seafarers designated as Lifeboat Operators, Engineers, Davit Operators, Senior Safety Officers and Masters.
You can buy the course through viking-safetyacademy.com.