Conventional Lifeboat Operation and Maintenance
This course will give you the opportunity to operate a Conventional Lifeboat system. Train yourself on launching, recovery procedures and preventive maintenance. Learn how to release and reset properly on-load release gears. Exercises will enable students to develop problem-solving skills required in case of malfunction.
The course is conducted as theoretical and mostly practical training at VIKING Safety Academy.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to
• Execute right launch and recover procedures
• Know how to proper release and reset on load release gears
• Perform Weekly and Monthly routine maintenance
• Participate on a safe drill
• Follow an abandon ship procedure
• Prepare the lifeboat system in readiness status
• Learn safety tips by the maker and give solutions on troubleshooting
The course is designed for Seafarers designated as Lifeboat Operators, Engineers, Davit Operators, Senior Safety Officers and Masters.
You can buy the course through viking-safetyacademy.com.